Kids aprons

The other day when I was working on stuff, Enoch DID say "Mom, why don't you make me anything?", which I was worried would happen. So, I took out a simplicity pattern for some easy pajama pants and made him some shorts. Yes, it was my first actual pattern, and it was what I thought it would be. Hard to read. Even though I think it's the easiest one out there. I guess I just need to learn more sewing lingo, but it was easier for me to look at the pictures and then just try from that. I have to say, they turned out about as good as if I would have just done it without a pattern =0). He sleeps in them.


Tegan decided the other day after watching Strawberry Shortcake that she wanted to have her own cooking show that would be on the TV just like they did on the show. Her dad being the coolest dad EVER said "OK honey, let's do it". He has planned it all out with her. They'll do it today after she gets home from school, and he'll video tape her doing her own cooking show. She's pretty excited, but she said "what about an apron and a cooking hat?" The cooking hat will probably be made out of paper and plastic sacks, but I whipped her up an apron this morning while she was at school. I think it turned out pretty cute.

She can choose which side she wants to wear.

Knowing that Enoch will want to do his own cooking show as well, and so that he didn't feel left out, I made him one with the left over material from his shorts. I didn't want to have to make straps out of the material, but I also didn't want to use ribbon for a boy, so I just found what I could for his neck and waist ties.

No comments: