A couple dresses

I have a couple dresses that are kinda old, and not really in style anymore, but still look cute with the right shirt or cardigan and accessories. I don't wear them much though, because there are other dresses I'd rather wear ya know? So, I decided it was ok to try something new.

Being tall, dresses often fit me a little shorter then I think they are supposed to. That's the story with these two dresses, so first I cut the bottom off.


Then I cut that piece of fabric into two strips, one a little thicker then the other so that I could hem one side of it. Then I sewed them together to make one really long strip.

The most time consuming part was the folding and pinning and folding and pinning to make the pleated ruffle.

Sew it together, iron it flat, and this is what it looks like.

I'm not sure I love the finished product. It's still kind of a weird length. I didn't take into account that I'd be adding some length back on when I measured where to cut.

I do like how the flower dress turned out though.

It's a more flowy material so the ruffles lay nicely, and I shortened this one a little more knowing I'd be adding ruffles, so it hits right below the knee.

No comments: