Jewelry for me =0)

I haven't done a ton of sewing lately. My biggest project was this...




Isn't it beautiful?



A couple days ago I did put together some jewelry. I grabbed this old string of cream colored beads, and this pink ribbon from the thrift store. I think it turned out really cute. I just don't know if I have anything to wear it with.

I bought some brown and red beads at Walmart last time I was there to add some more color to my jewelry. I get tired of wearing just black, or silver. I played around with ribbon on these too...stringing the beads with the ribbon, and tying knots in between each bead, and stuff like that but I just kept going back to the simple strand of plain beads. It'll go with more outfits, and it just looked better. If I had an unending supply of beads maybe I'd do some more styles, but I don't.

Same thing happened with the red, but then I did decide I wanted to use some lace with the red beads, so instead of making a bracelet to go with this set....

I used the extra to make this lace necklace, and some earrings to match.


I also redid this necklace that I already had. The metal stuff or whatever it is was chipping off the wire, so I took it apart, and added a few more beads to to make it a little longer. I like it better than it was.

I plan on making a couple of hair things soon...just because I want to. =0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so talented! I wish some of it would rub off on me...we sure hang out more :)
see ya, Cortnie

Amanda said...

You lawn looks BEAUTIFUL. I think I'm gonna come visit just to feel it :)! I tried to make a necklace like the one you did with the pink ribbon. Mine looked like a Christmas Decoration (I used red and green beads just incase it didn't turn out right), but the kids like to wear it. I really like the blacklace/red bead on. All of them are elegant! Loves!