Little Fixes

This is a little black velvet dress I found for Tegan at the thrift store. It fit her great except for the sleeves.  I'm pretty sure they were supposed to be long sleeves, but they were too short on her, and not short enough to be 3/4 sleeves.  They also had lots of detail on them, and the thread on the inside drove her crazy.  So, I cut them off, and cut then into little strips. 


The dress had kind of a v-neck that I didn't really like either, so I added a couple of the ruffled strips to the front. It looks better actually on her. =0)

For the sleeves, I added some gold toned lace.  

I like it a lot better. 

Oh, and of course I made a matching hair clip with the rest of the strips. =0)


I made this red hair clip (with some old shirt scraps) just for fun because I had my sewing machine out.

I also added some lace to this skirt.  I love the colors and pattern, but I seriously could never find a shirt to go with it.  No reds were the same as the red on the skirt, and I just couldn't find anything that looked right.  It was also a tad short for comfort, so I took out the hem  and sewed on this off white lace in hopes that I'll be able to match more things with it.  I left the bottom of the skirt hem raggedy on purpose.  I'm hoping it will kind of fray in the washer. Eh, we'll see if I like it I guess. 

I hope everybody has a FABULOUS Thanksgiving.  I'm super excited to have family come, and of course for all the yummy food.  I LOVE THE HOLIDAY SEASON!!!!  

No comments: