Shirt to cardigan

  I've been coveting all the cute spring/ruffly cardigans at Down East Basics, but of course I don't have cash just laying around.  I decided to make some of my own out of some shirts I don't really wear because they don't really fit right. 

Here's the pink shirt I said I was refashioning.  I was attempting the collar I saw on the Ruffles and Stuff blog here.  Mine turned out a little different.  It doesn't lay flat like hers.  It kind of ruffled up, but I LOVE it.  How perfectly Spring time. 


This a shirt I previously tried to fix by adding ruffles to the neckline in this post.  It just didn't work, so I took that out, and did this instead.  Fun fun fun!

Now if only the weather would cooperate and decide to stay nice. 

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Sooooo cute! I must add these to my list of projects to do!! AND you look skinny as always!!
Love,
Mel

Melanie said...

Sorry if I comment twice.....but I don't know if it worked or not. I LOVE what you made....they are soooo cute. I had seen the pleated one before, but didn't think of using a t-shirt. You are sooo clever. I will have to add this to my list of projects to try. Also, I'm dying to see your hair...I can only see the ends and it looks so cute...can you please post photos of the new color? Also, you look skinny as always.

Love,
Mel

JOsh said...

These are simply adorable! You are amazing! I need to go through my closet to see if there is anything I don't really like as is and do some experimenting :)

Did you die your hair? hee, hee, hee. I want to see :)

Loves,
Amanda