A Plethora of Accessories

I love jewelry.  I have 3 specific loves...
1. I LOVE simple every day stuff.  I always want at least little studs in, or 
a simple necklace.
My nest necklace has been my recent favorite!  I sometimes plan what I wear around my necklace because I love it so much! 
2. I SERIOUSLY LOVE the 50's style big beads.  Wear it with a polkadot dress and heels and you're all set =).
Now let's get one thing out in the open.  I do NOT spend a lot on jewelry.  Every necklace in this picture besides the brown one was found at a thrift store...the earrings not included. Through various trips I manage to find matchy matchy stuff.  Some were even clip-ons.  In fact the black, and turquoise earrings were my Grandmother's.  What do I do if I don't want to wear clip-ons (they hurt my ears)?  I take off the backs and glue on posts.  Easy peasy. 
3. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE antique and vintage style jewelry.
This BEAUTIFUL stuff was my Grandmother's that recently passed away.  I can't tell you how much I love and cherish it all.
These earrings were my Great Grandmother's.  
I also LOVE making jewelry for people.  My two favorite kinds of necklaces to give are the bird's nests, and the peas in a pod with the amount of kiddos you have.  
This one I gave to my mom.

This one I gave to my Mother-in-law.
This one I made for my sister-in-law.
This one I made for a good friend.
If I haven't given one to you it's because I don't know whether or not you are still having kids =).

Every month I get together with some lovely ladies and play Bunco.  It's really just an excuse to get together to eat and visit, but Nov. was my month to be in charge. I had to do the prizes. I decided to do scarves and necklaces.  
I went a little crazy with the scarves (big surprise).  The 4 main winners were going to get one, but they had to have choices of course, and I had to go through my fabric again to see what I could make a scarf out of, and OF COURSE I needed one of each.  I especially like the houndstooth one because I was able to make from a dress that used to belong to that Grandmother that recently passed away.
I'm really liking the ones that have two colors. 
I was also able to make some FUN FUN headbands, (out of tights) and clips, and bows for a friend finally having her little princess after 3 boys =).  
New creation that makes me happy...button clip.
A couple Halloween bows I sold to the local flower and gift shop.
A couple of other sewing projects I've done recently...
More extender slips.
Someone asked me where I got my slips because they are really hard to find lately.  Thrift store.  It's usually my answer to everything.  Even the lace.  This cream colored one is lace from an old table runner. 
I wanted to give boot socks a try.  It was sooooo easy. I just cut the long sleeves off of an old stretchy shirt, measured the lace around my (abnormally large) calves and sewed it to the sleeves. 
I didn't have sleeves for the white, so I just used some white stretchy fabric I had and made them the same shape as the sleeves. 
So, if you don't want to spend the big bucks on stuff, or just don't have the big bucks...go thrifting and make it =).

3 comments:

Lorri Rust said...

LOVED THIS POST!!! You are so talented friend.

Lorri Rust said...

You are so talented and creative! Loved this post.

Melanie Maxfield said...

So cute. I MUST make myself some boot socks AND you do not have abnormally large calves!!